Selling your home in the winter could be the best strategy to get the best return on your investment. But there is still work to be done!
Hi, I’m Carlitos Zapata from Pitbull Realty
Winter inventory is lower, which generally makes it a seller’s market, but to get the most interest and the best price, there are some very simple things you can do:
1. Clear the top! Cleaning the gutters and cleaning the roof are simple things that protect the house in the winter and help show prospective buyers how they care about the house.
2. Isolate the attic. Entering a cold house is not attractive to shoppers! If the attic is not insulated, or if the insulation needs a touch-up, do it! It is a quick solution that is useful for the winter and summer months and could add more value to your home.
3. Verify your HVAC. Speaking of cold homes, make sure your heating system is working effectively and efficiently. Buyers will not only be partial in a house that has been properly maintained, but will also be inspected by the home inspector!
4. Prepare your plumbing. In the months of cold weather, your pipes can be especially vulnerable. Make sure all exterior wrenches are closed or sealed and wrap exposed pipes with proper insulation to prevent them from freezing or exploding. The last thing you need when displaying your home for sale is a plumbing problem!
5. Check the fireplace. Nooo this doesn’t happen to us in South Florida
For more tips and tricks, be sure to communicate. I love being a resource and preparing my clients for success!
I’m Carlitos Zapata de Pitbull Realty REAL ESTATE WITH LOYALTY AND LOVE